10 datos curiosos acerca de Elvis Presley
10 curious facts about Elvis Presley
This August 16 marks 41 years since the death of Elvis Presley, the second most successful artist of all time in terms of records sold (600 million), behind The Beatles. Like many artists, he had an untidy life full of excesses. Before he died, he suffered from glaucoma, high blood pressure and liver damage, as a result of the abuse of tons of drugs that were ingested in the body.
3. His first nickname was Little Elvis when he was a boy. Later, after appearing on the television show of Milton Berle in 1956, the movement of his hips caused such a stir that he earned the nickname Elvis the Pelvis. However, his friends, musicians and family affectionately called him «E».
5. Despite his enormous success around the world, Elvis went out only once on an international tour in 1957, when he performed for three days in Canada. This is because his manager, Tom Parker, was an illegal Dutch immigrant, who could be deported if he asked for a US passport.
7. Presley filmed a total of 31 movies in his career. The second was «Loving you», in which his parents appear as extras. After the death of his mother in 1957, he never saw her again, as the artist confessed to the American media.
8. Uno de sus grandes amigos fue Johnny Cash. Ambos músicos fueron igual de rupturistas para la época.
8. One of his great friends was Johnny Cash. Both musicians were equally disruptive for the time.
10. The singer Barry White, before being known worldwide, was in prison for stealing some vehicle wheels. One day, when he was in the penitentiary, he heard «It’s Now or Never» launched in 1960, and at that time decided to stop committing a crime to devote himself to music.